Saturday, October 27, 2007

Get the picture?



Do you think it's beautiful? It has a black background, hard to understand. Does it represent something?

I guess it probably doesn't matter. I'm still planning to go to bed early, write my Biochem paper in the early morning, go to a University benefactor's brunch, initiate a few meetings, and have a cabinet meeting/birthday party for two of my SA officers. My life will continue just the same whether or not an ambiguous picture has anything to it or not.

My life will go on just the same, sometimes busy, other times insane, sometimes in pleasure, other times in pain, but so what? Is it all black background, with a few surreal swirls, hard to understand? Life--my life--is it beautiful?


Here's another picture. The background looks black here too. It's hard to understand. Clearly, this guy is going to lose his life, but I wonder, is he losing a beautiful life?

Is he losing your life, a beautiful life?

Beauty? I don't know what to say, but just look at the picture. How beautiful is your life?

8 comments:

Jonas said...

That's intense, and beautiful....

Keep up the good work.

Thomson said...

brother,
that thought is amazing i can think a long time about it without getting tired of it.

Paul said...

life changing

Julianne said...

somehow that picture stirs the wrong emotions...it is very grusome indeed to look at, but maybe necessary; I'm not sure.

Barry Howe said...

That picture of Jesus is gruesome because he's bearing the sins of my gruesome life. Every day, I must throw my gruesome life at the foot of a cross and come away with the beautiful life of Jesus--a life that stayed beautiful to the end, despite it all.
So in a very special way, that grusome picture explains precisly what makes the life of Jesus so surpassingly beautiful.

Jonathan Gerrans said...

What Wondrous Love is This!

Barry Howe said...

That hymn sums it up pretty well

The View from Great Island said...

Yes, the best we have is gruesome or in the words of Isaiah filthy rags. But as you've said, what a transformation can take place when we are renewed by submitting our bodies/minds as a living sacrifice to HIM. (see Romans 12:1,2)