I'm trying to get a grip on what my year as SA president has done to me. I have done many things, been done to, and am now finally done with both. I feel finalized.
I learned much, most painfully about my own failures as a leader. I learned potential is not an intrinsic quality, but merely the measure of how well we know our limitations. I haven't the slightest clue how people really work any more, but have a few grains of experience on how to deal with them anyway.
Ambition sleeps for the moment, waiting to pounce. For now I am done. Soon I can start becoming wise again.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Perhaps this comment doesn't have everything to do with your post, it's actually more a reply to your comment on my post. I don't think all the good times are over with our group! They've changed, and will be less frequent, certainly, but not over...
I certainly wish I had appreciated that group more too, and for that reason am trying to really enjoy all the good times we have now, because you can't change what's done. Last summer was a highlight, though. :-)
You comment brightened my day, I assure you. Good old friends are the best... And need to all come home as soon as possible. We'll be sure to squeeze some mischief in between the MCAT, etc...
Happy Sabbath! :-)
Thanks Adri. We get a different day every day, and as each day stacks on top of the previous, we gradually become different people. Let's enjoy our memories and live in the present, enjoying every day.
Barry, you're the best SA president I've ever worked for :) (And I have worked for others...)
It was really great to see things happen and to be part of helping things to get done. I know a lot of people appreciated all that you did in office, and we're all looking forward to seeing how God will use Doug next.
Thanks Kristin.
One thing's for sure: I'll do everything I can to help Doug does a far better job.
Hey Barry, I agree with Kristin that you did a wonderful job as SA president! I know that God placed you in that position for "such a time as this". Actually, the way I stumbled across this blog is that I was searching on google for GeoBibles! What's happening with that? Anything new?
Post a Comment